MLM Leadership – The Foundation of Your Business
If want to build a business that will last then you must master these foundational skills.
Business development is like going to the gym, getting fit.
Everyone knows that they should exercise regularly and they might even know how to use the equipment but many people simply do not do the things they know they should do to create the results they desire.
2 MLM Leadership Strategies to Teach
You must teach your reps about structure and accountability
- Structure is getting people to do what they may not want to do
- Accountability is getting them to stay focused on their why, basically reminding them of all the reasons they got started in their business
A Sad Truth
Most people go to a job they don’t like. As an MLM leader your goal is to help to lead people and show them what they must do to live the life they truly want.
We must let people know what is expected if they are to become successful.
What is your training like?
How much do you invest in your team?
Do you let people know what we expect from them?
A Simple MLM Leadership Approach…
Step 1) Pick 3 to 5 potential leaders; schedule their time over the next 90 days. Block out personal activities, church, work and see what is available for them to work the business. Make people comply if they want your coaching.
Step 2) Do 10 calls with your new rep, this is the on the job training. Listen to what they are saying and what they are not saying.
Step 3) Set the expectation that to succeed you must attend the weekly team training calls or events. If people want to change, they must improve themselves and shift their thinking.
The only way to create change is to create a new habit. It is called spaced repetition. This is how you master things. This is critical.
Heighten Your MLM Leadership
MLM Leadership is NOT about getting people in.
This business is about keeping people in.
And they are not in until they are involved.
People get involved when they earn incentive trips and attend company events and meet the company founders and the top income earners. Once they experience this, the business goes form their head to their heart.
MLM Leadership means you have learned how to teach so others learn.
If you can’t do it then point them to where they can get the training they need.
The MLM Leadership Question…
The fact is MLM Leadership can only exist when there are people who will follow. Your thinking makes a huge difference on how you communicate and what you do.
You must ask yourself the question…why would someone want to follow me?
Are you worth following?
The 6 MLM Leadership Action Steps
1) Use your planner and schedule time to focus on your goals for 15 minutes every day, write and rewrite them, set up the action plans. This will help you reach your full potential
2) Listen to 30 minutes of an audio everyday. Focus on the Fundamentals which are: Prospecting, Presentations, Duplication
3) Read 10 pages of a good book every day. Remember if you can read and chose not to, you are illiterate by choice.
4) Expose to 2 new prospects every working day to your business with a system that anyone can duplicate. It is all about duplication. Duplication states, “What I am about to do with you, you will be able to immediately do with the next person you meet with or without my help. Whether that person lives across the street, across the town or across the country.”
5) Follow up with your prospects by doing a 3 way call with your upline/coach.
6) You must create a community with your distributors. Meet with them weekly (in person or on the phone). Create quality one on one time. Get people involved. Travel out of state and go to a company event. Create an environment where people want to follow your lead. Create life long friends.
Homework Assignment: Create your 90-day action plan, schedule your time in writing! Schedule everything.
How are we going to design the perfect 90-day game plan that works? Use a 90-day cycle. The Cycle: Contact, present, invite/join, monthly training, regional events, repeat…
MLM Leadership Goals
You will have two main goals: Productivity and activity
Productivity Goals: the rank you want to achieve by a certain date, # leaders you want to enroll, the income you want to earn
Activity Goals: # calls, # presentations, # of events you are planning to attend.
The fundamental difference is you have some control over the productivity goals and absolute control over the activity goals.
Most leaders just set productivity goals. And when these goals do not materialize as planned they tend to become frustrated.
The irony you must first decide what your productivity goals should be in writing then you must back track what action steps must take place to achieve your desired end result.
These are the foundational components of MLM Leadership, I hope this helps you get to the top of your pay plan
Your Success IS My Business.
Allow me to lend a hand.
Global Business Developer
PS If you are interested in working with me on a day to day basis and you are looking for a side project that does not interfere with what you are currently doing that will create a new leveraged income stream then click here.
Leadership NOTE: If You Do Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Lead Generation, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access