7 Steps to Kill Creative Avoidance

By on July 26, 2012

MLM

As July comes to a close, it is still all about summer time for some people, others find their kids are getting ready to go back to school and yet others have no kids at home or at all and find themselves unproductive.

How about you?

Are you avoiding building your business?

Do you find yourself NOT working your business?

Do kids and their activities distract you?

Are you distracted by you?

Wandering or Laser Focused?

A better question might be… are you focused on building your business?

Or are you focused on your highest payoff tasks?

Or are you killing time, just hoping things will get better?

Interesting isn’t it

This week I have talked with a wide range of people in this business. There are only a few categories to fall into when it comes to building your business in the summer.

One guy is about to reach one of the highest leaderships levels in his company. He has been too busy to call me for the last month!

Another has created a team and are doing a 4 month blitz of all out action. He is setting the pace for his team.

And yes, another person is thinking of every reason in the book why they should not pick up the phone or approach a new person about their products or business.

Which category do you fall into?

How are you managing?

Do you focus on your highest payoff tasks?  They are by the way… prospecting, presenting, and following up with prospects.

How many people have you personally recruited since May 1st?

Is it 1, 2, or 3+?

Are you happy with that number?

How to Squash the Summer Funk

So if find youself in a funk, what do you do?

Step 1 Go back to your “Why am I building this business?” statement.  Get clear, get excited.

Step 2 Read 30 minutes EVERY day on a topic that helps you  create a positive mindset.

Step 3 Ask for help from your support team, do some brainstorming with them and create an action plan that takes you closer to your goals.

Step 4 Work on your marketing skills to attract and generate 20 leads per day. Get into an imaginary state of mind and ask yourself this powerful question: Why do I create 20 leads per day? Your gut answer will clear tell you what you need to be doing.  You can learn more here.

Step 5 Schedule your time. Learn to say “no” to people.  Make doing your business a priority and stay focused.

Step 6 Review your actions and results daily. Ask yourself “How did I do today? What can I shift to do better tomorrow?”

Step 7 Teach others to do these 7 Steps.  Simply the act of teaching others will cause you to show up differently and to create better results.

How do I know this? Because I have been there before.

When you get in this state of creative avoidance, it can really have a negative impact on your business and your income!

You are better than that.  You know this.

Now is the perfect time to get serious.

Don’t beat yourself up; just get back in the game.

Freedom is within your reach!

What will do for total financial freedom?

The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.

Please let me know what category you are by leaving a comment below.

If you have questions or comments please leave them below. PLEASE share this post with your team members and your other friends in the network marketing profession. They will THANK YOU!

Your Success IS My Business.

Allow me to lend a hand.

Global Business Developer
Terry@TerryPetrovick.com
919.528.9162

PS If you are interested in working with me on a day to day basis and you are looking for a side project that does not interfere with what you are currently doing that will create a new leveraged income stream then click here.

PSS Want 25 leads per day? Here’s a results driven training system, take the trial now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

, , , ,

About Terry Petrovick

Terry Petrovick is a business developer for the network marketing profession. He is committed to helping people earn 6 & 7 figure incomes. Contact Terry if you need help developing your business and income.

View all posts by Terry Petrovick

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

13 Responses to “7 Steps to Kill Creative Avoidance”

1. Von Marie Donato Says:

Great words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing! :)

2. Adrienne Says:

I’m guilty right now Terry but for other reasons.

This move with my Mom is so time consuming. Not only am I packing her up, mostly all by myself too, but I’m having to cancel accounts, set up new ones, get bids for hauling off her trash, clean her new place, get bids for repairs at her new place because the owner doesn’t live close, etc.

There is just so much involved but once this is finally over with I can focus more. I’ve just been all over the place because something is always coming up and we are running out of time to get everything done. No excuse, I know better. But I appreciate this reminder anyway. Like I said, I know better.

~Adrienne
    Adrienne´s last [type] ..How To Take Blog Commenting To The Next Level

• Terry Petrovick Says:

I understand that personal life, I think parents can take a lot of time. I will have taken to my Dad to the doctor’s office 4 out of the last 5 days and they aren’t quick visits.

So, I get up at 4:30 or 5am and get a good 4-5 hours of work in. That is if my grandson who is living with us now does not get up early. LOL

But he brings so much joy I simply can’t turn him down.

Be the true entrepreneur I know you are and find a way to only focus on those high pay off tasks for your business. You will make yourself proud!

I believe in you!

Terry

3. Adrienne Says:

Family does take up a lot of time Terry but like you and your Dad, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love my Mom so much and I’m the reliable one in the family to step up and do what needs to be done which is why she’s moving next door to me.

I hope your Dad is doing okay, I heard about that and I sympathize with you. Watching him have to go through that is the worst part though. I’ve been getting up really early myself and doing my best to focus on the most important tasks. I will admit though, I’m exhausted.

I will definitely take your suggestion here and I know it will pay off.

Thanks Terry and take care.

~Adrienne
    Adrienne´s last [type] ..How To Take Blog Commenting To The Next Level

4. Etieno Etuk Says:

Awesome post, Terry. I love the Braveheart video. It has inspired me to watch the whole movie.

I like the 7 steps you’ve laid out and particularly like step 1 because that’s what refuels you to go out and have massive success. Once you’re able to remember why you got into the business in the first place, the more likely you are to have success because your WHY will be your rod and staff to comfort you in times of trouble.

Thanks for sharing!
    Etieno Etuk´s last [type] ..How To Become Famous On Facebook In 60 Days

• Terry Petrovick Says:

Very true Etieno.

We do things that we want to do NOT need to do.

We all what something out of our businesses. We just need to stop playing small, get serious, get focused and it WILL happen in time.

5. Viola Tam Says:

Hi Terry,

Great advice, as usual, Terry!

Asking fo help is one of the most important part of the Success Journey. Who do we know have the desired results? Following the leader is a huge part of Network Marketing success. This is why upline support and having a mentor are so important.

No easy-to-follow and practicable action plan = no or little results.

I am prospecting at least 5 days a week. Yes, really prospecting, presenting and following up! This is closely related to your point No.7. It is only when we ‘lead by example’ and producing results that SOME OF our team members will get inspired.

I have personally enrolled 8 people into my organization since 1 May. The exciting part is: the number went from 1 in May to 3 in June and 4 in July!
    As one of my favourite leaders, Jeffrey Combs, says, the compounding effect kicks in when we take massive action!

NetWORK marketing is about DOING the little steps right – consistently and persistently – to produce results. Dear friends, if you are redaing this comment, ask yourself this question: Is producing results on top of your priority right now?

If there are other higher priorities in life, like Adrienne and Terry’s situation, are you willing to trade off some of your precious time for the ultimate freedom?

Only YOU can answer those two questions :) Be Blessed :)

Viola Tam
    Viola Tam´s last [type] ..MLM Sponsoring Tips I Have Learned from Jeffrey Combs

• Terry Petrovick Says:

Congrats on your recruiting efforts Viola. You are on your way to building a nice team, who I have no doubt follow your lead.

Well done Viola!

• Viola Tam Says:

Hi Terry,

I appreciate your encouraging words :)

You pointed out something very important here and I would like to share more. Recruiting is only part of the jSuccess Journey. Success comes when team members are duplicating our efforts! I LOVE your Tag Line “Your Success IS My Business”. Help others to become successful, then we have a nice STRONG team.

Building the MLM on strong ground is something that is rarely talked about in this industry. While I may have a relatively low team member to team builder ratio, this is great! We need happy customers in our business who order and re-order as they have consumed the products they they truly love :)

I enjoy the interactive part of your discussion. You continue to give more valuable tips in your replies to us! I sincerely appreciate you, Terry!

Viola Tam
        Viola Tam´s last [type] ..MLM Sponsoring Secret – the ‘Gentle Take Away’

6. Joel Burrell Says:

This post is on point Terry. My most recent post touches on some of the same issues. You “why” MUST be BIG enough, soooo easy to quit. Keep rockin my friend!
    Joel Burrell´s last [type] ..Network Marketers you SUCK!!!!

7. David Sharp Says:

Creative avoidance really sums up my actions in the last month Terry, things have been very difficult here in Greece and I very nearly gave up. But I didn’t!

Right now I am reinforcing my why, started reading daily and getting help that will improve my marketing skills. Now I have to really schedule my time and review my progress daily. Then I’ll use these guidelines to help others.

Thank your for a very inspiring post.

Dave